One of the biggest consumers of energy in your home is your heating and cooling system. Including your climate control system into your Smart Home can save you quite a bit of money, help reduce your carbon footprint and also increase your comfort. It is easier than you think!
Smart Climate Control Devices
Depending on what kind of heating and cooling system you have at home, you can easily integrate it into your existing Z-Wave Home Automation set up.
Remotec offer two devices which can cover most bases, the ZXT-600 AC Controller and the ZTS-500 Thermostat.
ZXT-600 AC Controller
The ZXT-600 is a smart Z-Wave AC controller which allows you to remotely control your air-conditioner using a compatible Z-Wave controller. It works with any Z-Wave compliant gateway or controller by translating Z-Wave Thermostat Commands to AC IR control code. You can select the IR code from the built‐in code library by using Z-Wave Configuration Commands or use the learning function through the gateway. The Z-Wave A/C Controller also has a built‐in temperature sensor which allows your gateway or controller to get the current room temperature.
The ZTS-500 is an intelligent, programmable thermostat controller with a blue display which is easy to read even in dimly lit areas. This thermostat delivers permanent day and time settings that are even maintained during power outages. It offers the option to remotely control / check your room temperature via a smart phone or PC which is associated with your Z-Wave Home controller. This thermostat is compatible with a broad range heating and cooling systems, including both single-stage (cooling) and single and two-stage heating systems (non-heat pump), single-stage heat pumps, and heating-only or cooling-only systems.
These are only two of the devices available and there are many more which all contribute to your Smart Climate Control solution.
What are the Real Benefits?
Once you have incorporated Climate Control into your Z-Wave Smart Home, you can control, coordinate and automate your heating and cooling from anywhere in the world. Here are some of the applications:
- Turn On your heating or cooling before arriving home from work
- Turn Off your heating or cooling remotely ensuring it doesn't run if no one is home
- Schedule your heating or cooling to function only during certain hours of the day
- Schedule your blinds and shutters to automatically open and close allowing the sun to warm up your home, or the night air to cool it
- Maintain a set temperature in your home using sensors and automate your heating and cooling to adjust as necessary
- Track your electricity usage via your compatible controller and monitor your spending